Wednesday 5 December 2012

How I work...

There are A LOT more geeks out there than I thought. Special mention must go to the Lightsaber owner-drivers club. I'm growing my hair long for a Princess Leia style and will post photos...

Despite some suggestions for changes to my top 5, your geeky protestations have been deflected. My poster boy geeks remain Brian Cox,  Leonardo da Vinci, Professor Frink, Alexander Graham Bell and, of course, the Propeller head. 

Given that one is too famous, one is fictional and two are dead, I have to take daily geek direction from the Propeller head and last week he shared one of his geek heroes with me - Chris Anderson...This Chris Anderson, not to be confused with another Chris Anderson (the founder of TED) has done some very cool things like:
  1. Establish geekdad blog -  stuff for Dads (and Mums) to encourage the next gen geeks.
  2. Editor of some pretty influential magazines like Nature, New Scientist, Wired and The Economist.
  3. Founder of DIY Drones - yes that's right there is at least one other person on the planet besides the propeller head who is interested in building their own...
I particularly liked his article on how he gets things done. But I gather that the readers of my updates, while they love geeks, hold some firm views on overachievers so I thought I would compare his responses to ones I'd give... if anyone ever asked...


































The similarities in our office furnishings and blog names ('geekdad'...'mininmummy'...) are eerie. 

Besides that, there's not much though. So there you have it - he's a super influential,  successful geeks geek and I'm well um.... normal....


No comments:

Post a Comment